My guildies were harassed by other players about our guild name, New Moon, (thanks to the ever-so-infamous Twilight/New Moon series) so they decided to gquit and started up a new guild.
And, I guess there was a miscommunication, but I think they thought that Nuku and I were going to join them. =/
- Nuku and I paid for the guild website. $60/year. And we pay $4/month for the Vent. Out of the few months that our friends were in the guild, no one offered to contribute. And nobody really even used the site, so I can't blame anyone for that =(. And I know that $4/mo. is a very small price, but it adds up. =/
- I created New Moon way before the vampire/werewolf saga even existed. It's unfortunate that other players harass other players in general, and I'm sad that our guild name became a topic of shit-talking to the point where my friends can't even bear the words above their toons' heads. =/
- In all my time in New Moon, I can honestly say that only about 3000g total has ever been put into the gbank by all of our members combined. And that was after I bought all 9000g worth in tabs. =/
- I'll have the gbank to myself again for my and Nuku's alts. Yay 4 hoarding. ^_^
- I won't feel like I wasted money on a site that no one uses anyway.
- What's the point in being in a guild anymore when the PUG system exists?
- I don't have to feel obligated as guild master to "run" the guild.
So, yeah. Whatever. When in-game things like this get on my nerves, it makes me not want to play WoW anymore. I have to admit that a part of it re-hashes my social anxiety and that's why it gets on my nerves so badly... 'Cuz it's a freakin game. It shouldn't upset people out of game.. at all. [PERIOD!]