Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts on Faction Changing

Patch 3.2.0

I came across a thread in the Daggerspine forums about faction switching and people who are planning on switching and I'm actually really glad Blizzard decided to make Faction changes available. The Horde/Alliance feud gets pretty frustrating when you meet someone irl who plays WoW ON YOUR SERVER (what are the odds of that?!) and then you find out that they play the opposite faction you do. LOL. Also, I saw a lot of Alliance posters in that thread that were switching to Horde that I'm almost positive NO ONE would miss. Hehe. Plus, for all those kids who want to be e-popular, this is a great way to go and annoy a new group of people with Trade-chat trolling and being bad in general on the other side.

So, yay for bad Alliance switching over to Horde, and yay for new baddies coming to join the Alliance. I guess I'm just really excited about seeing "new faces" so to speak. The game starts feeling kind of stale when you pretty much play with the same people day-in and day-out. It's kinda like this: although WoW is a massively multiplayer online game, you still run into the same 50 people. It was about time for a change even if it is small at first. I'm sure the closer we get to Cataclysm, the more switchers we'll see. And along with switchers will most likely come an excitement that the game so desperately needs in preparation for the next expansion.

Im not switching any of my toons over to horde because I really don't have a reason to. But I did create a new horde toon just to see what leveling is like with the prospect of running into (or getting ganked by) an Alliance I know and having the opportunity to hop on my main just to say, "Hi [Friend], plz don't kill me. k thx." XD

No comments :

Post a Comment