Friday, January 20, 2012

Black March to Protest Internet Censorship!

Patch 4.3.0

If you're following me on any other social networks, I thank you for dealing with my major cross-posting but I really want to get the word out everywhere I can because I believe we can really do this. I'm uploading this image about the Media boycott the internet is calling "Black March" on every social network I personally use to encourage my social circles to further protest Stop Online Piracy Act, Protect IP Act, and Internet Censorship in general! We NEED a free and open internet!

And although both bills have been postponed, it's just that: postponed. They will come back because of the sheer amount of money poured into lobbying for them possibly in the form of new bills and/or random pieces slipped into bills that have nothing to do with them, so we need to keep our eyes and ears open if we really want to keep the internet FREE OF CENSORSHIP.

AND specifically during this coming March, let's SHOW them that "We will not tolerate the Media Industries' lobbying for legislation which will censor the internet."

(Clicking the image will take you to one of many Faceook "events" about Black March that you are free to join.)


I originally found that image in this reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/tb/oogr1. I don't know who the poster is, but all credit goes to them. And I'm sure they don't have any problems with people re-uploading that image all over the web, so I'd encourage you to download it and post it wherever you can as well if you support the idea of Black March!

1 comment :

  1. As a responsible user of a business broadband in Australia, it is amazing to see how many groups are acting against internet censorship.

    ReplyDelete