I know this isn't exactly WoW related, but after seeing those ads on Wowhead for Rift that say, "You aren't in Azeroth anymore..." and knowing a good lot of my friends are checking it out, I decided to see what Rift was like firsthand.
My immediate thoughts on Rift after only playing for a few hours:
- The built-in UI customization is very liberating!
- Gameplay, keybinding, controls, targeting are all EXACTLY like WoW XD (not sure if that's a good thing or not.. Good if they're lookin to steal players from WoW's playerbase. Bad for WoWers who might be lookin for something "new".)
- Graphics are really pretty to say the least!
- The actual Rifts in-game are an insanely cool concept that makes the world feel epic at any level and the open option to join a "public raid" when someone "opens a Rift" tickled my fancy ^_^.
- Talent.. I mean "Soul Trees" are WAY, way, way customizable but I fear that come end-game there WILL be specific builds that are "the best" since end-game will never be as dynamic as any review makes Rift sound like it will be. Lol.
So, I got to lvl 9 and got bored. XD But I want a pony tho so I'll keep playin til this beta period is up. If anything new comes to mind, I'll be sure to share. <3