Thursday, September 24, 2009

WOOT is really an acronym for...

Patch 3.2.2

...Want One Of Those. Or at least that's what I learned regarding the origins of the phrase. Lots of people say it started with D&D as a shortened version of the exclamation, "Wow, loot!" But I like "Want one of those" better. I mean, yeah, both meanings make sense in every context I've ever heard ANY gamer or geek use it, but I just like thinking that it actually started as an acronym since the thought of a D&D nerd saying, "Woot!" just sounds a lot less clever.



Anyway, It's that time of year again, kids... It's Brewfest! This is by far my favorite world event and thanks to following RaidLeader on Twitter, I came across this useful guide to obtaining the Brewmaster Achievement. Just wanted to get you all in the spirit, so put on your [Brewfest Garb], grab some [Preserved Brewfest Hops], and put down your [Brewfest Pony Keg], this Brewfest will be the best one yet!

Other Stuff...

If you haven't visited my blog within the past month, you'll see some slight changes. Changing the Blogger layout to 3 columns instead of two was a huge win! Also, I've added Twitter updates to the sidebar... I know some people really don't give a shit about what I'm doing in my personal life but, well, this is MY blog, so you'll have to just deal with it. XP

In other news, I've been keeping in touch with Wailington of YouTube, a.k.a. Wail Fail, who asked me to collaborate with him on a WoW-parody song of his. Last I checked he's still working out some things as far as recording on his end. I'm excited to hear what he's got. I've just got to be patient =).

Something I'm really, really excited about is the fact that my order from BSW will be arriving next week on Monday! I decided that my "studio space" needed an upgrade so I ordered a pop filter (lol), a shock mount for my mic (lol again), and (drum roll please...) a Heil PL2T overhead broadcast microphone boom that I can mount to my desk like a snazzy radio talk show host. I only lol at the pop filter and shock mount because I really should've already owned these items since they're like basic necessities for ANY audio recording... but I never really had the drive to keep recording until I started this blog, so sexier recording setup, here I come!

No comments :

Post a Comment