Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random musings of a Shaman with no computer atm... and PvP WTF?

Patch 3.2.0

With the release of patch 3.2, Call of the Crusade, a couple days ago, there have been so many awesome new things that I haven't been able to check out yet!! (Patch Notes here...) AAaaaAAAAaahh, it's killing me that my computer is still out for repair. I did hop on my husband's computer though to turn in my [Valiant Seals] for my last Champion faction in the Argent Tournament on Monday night. (I was really only saving them so that I could keep doing the Valiant dailies along with the Champion dailies since a few of them were like hitting two birds with one stone.) I've been trying my best not to play on his computer throughout the day while he's at work though so that I take a proper break, albeit forced, from my own computer.

But one thing I'm dying to check out, and most likely will as soon as I post this blog *maniacally grins*, is the new totem bars for Isolte. Before there was even a rumor that Blizzard would make one-button totem casting, I organized my action bars so that my totems were in groups. I even bound my arrow keys (and Shift+arrow keys) to each totem element, so I'll definitely be changing that back to the default directional movement lol. It was always funny to have my husband check Isolte's mail in-game and hear him plop down a [Magma Totem] when he's just turning to the left while standing at the mailbox. XD

And ok, this was news to me: PvP servers now capable of creating characters of OPPOSING faction?! I don't know how I missed this, but when I went over to mmo-champion.com this morning, right there, second post from the top (at the moment) in loverly Blizzard Blue:
By Eyonix (Source)
As we've already discussed, we’re in the process of developing a new service for World of Warcraft that will allow players to change their faction from Alliance to Horde or Horde to Alliance. To prepare for this new service, we've removed the restriction that prevents players from creating both Horde and Alliance characters on a PvP realm. For more information on our Faction Change service, please visit the following link.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18031079410&sid=1

.. OMG WTF BBQ BIKE!? I foresee drama and much QQ as a result, but I can see some of the benefits. I mean, my server according to some census I found a few weeks ago (don't hate me cuz I can't remember the website, but) it said that there exists 3 horde toons per 1 alliance (And that's not accounts, that included alts I'm sure). But, I can see the faction populations evening out perhaps? Eh, I don't know. There was a part of me a LOOONG time ago wishing that I rolled horde, but that was when I was hardly ever even playing the game, BGs for my battlegroup sucked ass because they were so lopsided, and everyone I knew irl that played was horde.. Meh... I take great pride in having been "raised" on a PvP server, so to speak, for the exact reason of choosing a faction and sticking with it. But with the new PvP restrictions lifted, it kinda rains on the parade a little. I mean, I'm no Alliance freak: I've tested out some horde toons on other servers, but on my home server, Daggerspine, I will always be Alliance.

I'm looking forward to seeing the replies to that Blizzard post because so far they are pretty black and white. XD

No comments :

Post a Comment