Friday, July 10, 2009

WotLK and Patch Labels

Patch 3.1.3

So, I went back and edited all my previous posts to add the current game patch versions. I really like how Wowhead automatically adds the patch version in the title bar of comments so that you get a better idea of what was going on in the game at the time the user posted. So, I took the cue from them to do the same for my blog posts. At least now you'll have a good time reference for my posts without having to look it up by date in the official WoW Patch Notes. And I'll be doing this for all future posts from now on. =)

And about WotLK... I can't believe I didn't make a blog post about waiting in line for Wrath!!! So, Wrath of the Lich King, as you all know, released on Thursday, November 13, 2008. Our local electronics store was having an "Early Release" event at 10:30pm, 11/12/2008, so, Nuku and I got in line early. I can't remember how early, I think it was like 5pm or so, and I thought we were doomed to miss out on a collector's edition! The line was wrapped around the building when we got there. But as the hours went by, the line grew twice as long and we were pretty much in the middle. Since we had to be there for hours, we brought our doggie, Bandit, and I walked him a couple times up and down the line. You can imagine all the, "Oh look, that hunter brought her pet," comments I got. Lol. Welp, long story short, we met some cool people [not a one on the same server as anyone else roflmao, go figure,] we got in the doors half past midnight, and were out on our way home by about 1:15am with one Collector's Edition & one regular version. (I took Bandit with us in line as close to the store as I possible could so he wouldn't have to wait in the car too long. He was only in there for maybe 30 minutes tops. =D)

So yeah, there's my WotLK release story. Haha.

No comments :

Post a Comment