Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Insane: Progress

Patch 3.1.3

Nuku and I spent most of yesterday and all night grinding Southsea Pirates in Tanaris to get our Steamwheedle Cartel reputation up. I'm 1967/6000 Friendly with Gadgetzan, so at least I'm at the point where I can use that flight point to get to Dire Maul easier, making the Shen'dralar rep grind a LOT easier.

Also, I'm now 599/21000 Revered with Ravenholdt, so I've got 1380 more [Heavy Junkboxes] to farm...lol. The grind to Revered was actually not that bad. I didn't exactly time how much rep I gained per hour, but I can definitely say that it took less than 6 hours of straight grinding Syndicate mobs in Alterac Mountains to get from Neutral to 11999/12000 Honored. I found that farming mobs in Strahnbrad, pathing north to Dandred's Fold in Alterac Mountains (making sure to stop at the four camps along the way) was a way better place to grind mobs than in Stromgarde Keep in Arathi Highlands. A couple of guides I've seen on getting "The Insane" Achievement have recommended Stromgarde, but I beg to differ.

Funny thing too about those guides, they never said anything about how you'll have to keep deleting the [Dusksteel Throwing Knives] that you get as a reward to the repeatable turn-in quest for the [Heavy Junkboxes]. The item is "Unique", so you cant turn in another 5 junkboxes until its gone from your inventory =). lol. It's not a big deal, it's just one more tiny step in the insane grind to make you go insane.

No comments :

Post a Comment