Saturday, March 27, 2010

SLASH/dance

Patch 3.3.3



So, I've been a huge fan of SLASH/dance's Frame of Mind video for a very long time. I can honestly say that it is one of THE most inspiring WoW machinimas I've ever seen. If you haven't seen that one, it is a MUST SEE...

But I have not been a very good SLASH/dance fan! D: I didn't realize that they made even more machinima-ey goodness 'til my friend, Baheena, posted Yesterday's News on her Facebook feed! Thanks, Baheena!

The above video is SLASH/dance's entry to the World of Warcraft Rise to Power Movie contest sponsered by Alienware. Although they didn't place, this machinima is definitely worth watching! Enjoy!

And for more SLASH/dance, visit their website!
http://www.filmcraft.org

6 comments :

  1. That video is so sad. I think WoW has lost something since vanilla. "Easier" is not necessarily always better. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that video is awesome.

    "Frame of Mind" is one of my all time favorite WoW machinima, and it's regularly replayed. This new one is just as incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anna - I completely agree.

    @Misae Silverfall - I love "Frame of Mind" so much, I find myself watching it over and over again when I need inspiration to do pretty much anything. Lol. I'm not even a huge Ataris fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing vid... I love the 'stills' of the lone stones... Very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this video and can't believe it didn't place. There were a lot of great videos in the Rise to Power contest though, it's just a shame that a few well deserving videos (like this one and wowcrendor's) didn't win anything. I wasn't aware of this one, until I came on your blog, so thank you for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dr. Fink - I couldn't agree with you more!! I even skipped bak to the "stills" t watch them again and then realized they weren't stills.. it's just that empty in those parts now. *sigh* Makes me want to use the stones just for the fun of it since they removed the lvl requirements.

    @Ken - I think Sedrin, the main guy of SLASH/dance, explained why "Yesterday's News " didn't even place. Something about not following the purpose of the "Rise to Power" theme (they didn't technically portray a charaacter's rise to power rather a "rise to.. enlightenment?" as he said on their website/blog. ^_^

    But nonetheless, it is an amazing video/story. Check out their REDSHIFT series. I'm sure you'd enjoy that as well.

    ReplyDelete