Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Guild's Website

Patch 3.2.2

Well, I couldn't sleep last night. I thought about playing WoW, but server reset was happening this morning. It's funny how I always seem to want to pull an all-nighter on Monday nights. Oh well, I still got my WoW fix by updating my guild's website a little bit. I made a guild "logo" so to speak. I may change it a bit later, make it more 'alliancey' perhaps(?), but for now I think its sexy enough to put up.

And please go here to see the logo in place with the pretty background^^. But, now that I actually think about it, I realize that I really didn't do anything WoW related last night at all. I mainly just made a guild logo and edited some CSS.

I use Guildomatic.com to host our guild site, and although it's really easy to use and quick to set up, I find their default styles needing... refinement. (Too much padding in this table cell, not enough definition between divs, etc...) So, I chose the "(WoW) Battalion" theme to work with as a template, since it's got the look and feel closest to how I want our site to look and feel. ^^ I'm just editing the CSS based on that particular theme's stylesheet where I see a tweekin' needed. And if you don't know how much of a NotePad/TextEdit-raw-html-css nerd I am, consider yourself informed. Oh and also: our guild name has nothing to do with that Stephanie Meyers' Twilight Series Saga or whatever. (It is, however, 100% Midori Snyder's New Moon, my favorite novel/trilogy.)

No comments :

Post a Comment